Our History by ANC Founder Doc Taylor
Hear a little of our history from ANC founder Doctor Hugh Edmund Carlyle Taylor (Doc), Chairman and Managing Director, The Taylor Group, 1956 – 1999. In 1961 the Group purchased Fleet Flyers, a small Sydney based courier company dating back to 1921. Today ANC is proudly the integrated distribution partner to many of Australia’s (and the worlds) most reputable brands in the corporate, retail, manufacturing and industrial sectors.
Doc’s core business philosophy “people first” lives on in ANC today, with our growing team of 1,000+ delivery professionals, locally and globally.
ANC expertise – over 95 years in the making
ANC’s history can be traced back to 1921. Since then our business has developed into the distribution partner for many of Australia’s leading brands in the corporate, retail, manufacturing and industrial sectors.
State businesses working together
- Like-minded, independent operations began working together in Qld, Vic, NSW, SA and WA.
- Focus on couriers, parcels, pallets and dedicated runs.
- Broader national service offering to our clients.
Australian National Couriers is officially born
- Five state-based companies with strong local history and experience formally join under the Australian National Couriers brand.
- This collaboration brings together over 150 years of light freight and transport experience.
- The ANC brand expanded and evolved through our collective expertise, developing our traditional courier offering across the broader range of transport requirements.
- Continue to offer courier, parcel and permanent run service alongside home delivery, warehousing and transport consulting services.
- Work to continuously improve how we serve our clients and their customers.
- A consolidation phase that saw the majority shareholder progressively acquire 100% of ANC.
- Achieved clarity in our vision and direction and refined the services offered.
- Updated our brand image to reflect our strategic vision.
- Developed our expertise and added significantly to our operational capabilities.
- We are one privately owned, family company
- A team of 1,000+ delivery professionals including management, operational staff and drivers across Australia and Clark
- A fleet of 750 vehicles and accredited drivers who every year:
- move millions of consignments weighing tens of millions of tonnes
- travel more than 50 million km servicing our customers
- Real-time routing, GPS tracking, instant POD technology and complete integration to stock control systems.
- NPS reporting from customers on home delivery services
- Transport consultant and integrated distribution partner to some of the biggest, busiest and most successful companies in Australia including IKEA, Bunnings Warehouse, Telstra, Fuji Xerox, Williams-Sonoma, ANZ, Cement Australia, JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, Barbecues Galore and Iron Mountain.
- Supplier of:
- critical dedicated on-demand courier teams
- one and two-man delivery teams for home delivery
- last mile delivery for major corporates with dedicated fleets and permanent hire.