Chain of Responsibility
Everyone responsible needs to obey the law
Chain Of Responsibility (COR) means all parties in the road transport supply chain – consignor/dispatcher, packer, loader, scheduler, consignee/receiver, manager, as well as the driver and operator:
- are responsible for preventing a breach of road transport laws
- must take positive steps to prevent a breach of the road transport mass, dimension, loading and work hour’s laws.
- actions e.g. speeding, overloading vehicle, etc
- inaction e.g. not restraining load properly, not taking rest breaks, not maintaining vehicles properly, not keeping records, etc
- demands e.g. encouraging a driver to speed, work excess hours, etc
Chain of Responsibility (COR) Policy
To help provide a safe and healthy working environment, our Chain of Responsibility Policy clearly explains the responsibilities of different positions.
Download the Chain of Responsibility Policy