Linde Case Study: Corporate delivery fleet
“ANC was the only company that took the time to understand our problem.”
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Linde is one of the world’s major providers of materials handling equipment such as forklift, reach trucks, pallet stackers, etc and a valued client since 1998.
Each night, or in the very early hours of the morning, ANC has 15 professional delivery drivers around Australia arrive at Linde technician’s homes delivering on average 220 consignments – achieving a 100% DIFOT.
Leaving freight in their vans, or an agreed safe place, the technicians are then ready to go straight to customer premises in the morning.
COST AND TIME INEFFICIENCIES
- Linde field technicians maintain and repair forklifts and equipment all around Aust.
- Every day, over 100 Linde field technicians spent at least an hour every morning collecting spare parts from the Linde warehouse in their city, rather than driving straight to the job.
- This delayed customer service, as well as increasing Linde’s labour costs and warehousing expenses.
OTHER COMPANIES COULDN’T SOLVE THE PROBLEM
- The answer was to have parts delivered to the technicians the night before, and secured in their van.
- However, no major courier or freight company believed it could be done.
THE ANC TEAM SOLUTION
A SMARTER, MORE EFFICIENT TRANSPORT PROCESS
ANC collect spare parts from the Linde national warehouse in Sydney each afternoon ANC provide electronic consignment transfer, online tracking, co-ordinate local couriers and interstate freight flights to Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
A TAILORED, TRUSTED, PERSONAL SERVICE
- ANC drivers quietly deliver the parts to the technician’s vehicles in the middle of the night.
- Each driver has key entry to the boot only of the technician’s vehicle, where they securely store the parts required for the following days service orders.
- In the morning the technicians drive straight to their first appointment of the day.
A TRUE WIN-WIN PARTNERSHIP
- ANC operations and senior management work closely and meet regularly with Linde to find ways to do things even more efficiently and cost effectively.
BENEFITS AND OUTCOMES
- Reduced warehousing in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne – bulk of parts now come from Sydney for a timelier customer service.
- More productive technicians in the field, seeing more customers.
- Significant cost savings on warehousing and labour (in excess of $1 million every year).
- Helping Linde look after more customers cost – effectively means more business for ANC drivers too.
- Minimal driver turnover due to ANCs excellent recruitment, training,
- Continuous rewards and recognition of our quality delivery professionals and
set run model.
- National DIFOT rating of 100%
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“ANC was the only transport company that took the time to understand our problem and worked with us to develop a ground breaking innovative solution to save money and improve service.”
General Manager Parts and Service, Linde Material Handling.