Laminex Case Study: Corporate delivery fleet
“ANC operate in the spirit of a good partnership.”
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Laminex is Australia’s leading marketer, distributor and manufacturer of decorative surfaces. They have been a valued ANC client since 2006.
ANC trucks distribute products from the Laminex warehouse throughout Sydney, and provide overflow distribution in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide metropolitan areas.
It requires a savvy, proficient team of drivers and operations staff to ensure the safe loading, unloading and transporting of these large fragile goods on a daily basis.
INFLEXIBLE TRANSPORT PROVIDER
- Laminex were using a very large transport provider that was not willing to tailor services to their unique and specific needs.
- A distinct lack of customer service and communication.
- Price per tonne was very high.
- The fleet wasn’t being managed efficiently or cost effectively.
- Loading, unloading and carrying fragile products such as Laminex and large particle board sheets every day is a safety risk for drivers and customer staff, as well as a WHS compliance concern.
THE ANC TEAM SOLUTION
A TRUE PARTNERSHIP
- Carefully choosing the right drivers who have become the face of Laminex in co-branded uniforms.
- ANC senior decision makers constantly work with Laminex to improve efficiency, service and costs.
IMPROVED EFFICIENCIES, LOWERING COSTS
- Changed mix of vehicles, restructured the runs leading to improved efficiency with less trucks.
- Use a variable cost model where different trucks are used to match volumes.
- Achieved cost recovery over a time when many costs have gone up.
BENEFITS AND OUTCOMES
- 70% of current ANC drivers have worked on Laminex since 2006
- Drivers have an excellent understanding of the client’s business, end customer needs, ANC Chain of Responsibility (COR), systems and daily role to greatly improve service, safety and efficiencies.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“Tremendous credit to ANC. They really are a partner in our business, and relentlessly work with us to reduce our costs. They know transport and do the little things that other freight companies don’t seem to understand. They come to us with solutions, sometimes to problems we didn’t realise we had. As a result, we now move more freight with fewer trucks due to efficiency & technology improvements.
ANC are gentlemen of their word, decent people to deal with and they operate in the spirit of a good partnership.”
Martin Gane, NSW General Manager, The Laminex Group