Blackwoods Case Study: B2B delivery fleet
“ANC carry significant responsibility as the last link in our supply chain.”
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Blackwoods is Australia’s leading provider of industrial supplies and the place to go for tools, safety PPE, work wear, signage, workplace training, welding and gas needs. Blackwood’s deliver to most locations around Australia, from major cities to regional towns. They are the largest operating unit of Wesfarmers Industrial Safety, a division of ASX listed Wesfarmers.
ANC’s partnership with Blackwoods commenced in Queensland in 2010 and South Australia and Victoria in July 2014.
ANC understands the significant responsibilities associated with being the last link in Blackwood’s customer service chain.
Our home delivery professionals achieve:
- Average deliveries (nationally): 4,050 per week, 210,000 per annum (based on Q1 2020)
- Delivery on Time and in Full: >98%
- ANC recognised by the client for their strengths in Chain of Responsibility (CoR) & Safety, legislative requirements, technology and being nimble
TRANSPORT & DELIVERY CHALLENGES
- Blackwoods was previously operating a model where freight was being transported offsite creating freight transparency challenges and frustration.
LACK OF TRANSPARENCY AND REPORTING
- Minimal DIFOT reporting.
- Lack of transparency on losses and delivery failures.
- Infrequent account service meetings with lack of accountability and follow through.
INADEQUATE SAFETY COMPLIANCE
- CoR and legislative requirements were being inadequately managed and reported on, which was unnecessarily exposing Blackwoods.
ACCOUNT SERVICE LEADERSHIP
- ANC and Blackwoods senior managers collaborated to develop a new delivery model.
- ANC are well prepared with reports and proactive with improvements.
- ANC are nimble in rectifying issues and take the initiative to suggest and implement new systems and processes.
- Operational and technology solutions to enhance the service offering and improve real time measurement and continuous improvement were introduced and continuously reviewed and improved.
SAFETY PRIORITISED AND REPORTED
- CoR and legislative requirements are rigorously documented, drivers are comprehensively trained.
- ANC has invested resources and technology to collaboratively manage this critical requirement with Blackwoods.
BENEFITS & OUTCOMES
- ANC Driver Induction Process for all delivery professionals has elevated compliance and reduced risks.
- ANC regularly conduct Blackwoods site audits to ensure the safety of all employees and visitors on the sites.
- ANC’s values are aligned with Wesfarmers. A recent Wesfarmers audit praised ANC’s CoR, technology and personnel, along with our commitment to safety and responsibility.
- Blackwoods are reducing costs due to ANC’s strength in technology
- ANC has initiated time in motion improvements, demonstrated in loading and turnaround time, and reduced picking line errors.
IMPROVED CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Customer service and satisfaction is vital to Blackwoods who are highly dependent on ANC Drivers to deliver on time and in full, with a smile.
- Blackwoods recognise ANC Drivers as being “methodical, well presented, good communicators, and they know Blackwoods”.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“We have saved hours in terms of Drivers waiting and loading. ANC came to us as a partnership and suggested the trial. Our last six months have been terrific. We have traction and great account support. They are really professional and a good service provider. They’re quite nimble and do things quickly. The Drivers identify business leakage for us. Best feedback we get is from the Drivers, better than any system. Drivers tell us when the customers complain to them, feedback on products. It is raw and valuable.”
Warehouse Manager, Blackwoods