Barbeques Galore Case Study: Home delivery and assembly excellence
"ANC is all about the customers and customer first."
About The Client
Barbeques Galore has been supplying Australians with high-quality barbeques and expert advice since 1977. Today, with more than 50 stores throughout the country, Barbeques Galore not only leads the market in barbeque retailing, but also specialises in outdoor furniture and heating.
Our relationship commenced in 2017, with ANC delivery professionals servicing stores in VIC, WA, QLD, ACT and SA, services for NSW commenced in 2018. ANC provide a flexible home delivery fleet that varies daily based on client volume requirements and consists predominately of two-man teams with tail gate trucks, plus vans and utes for some smaller deliveries.
In October 2019 ANC extended our services to include assembly, whereby and ANC delivery team will deliver, assemble and remove the purchase packaging from the customer’s site. This allowed the customer to receive a complete service from one provider.
Our home delivery professionals ensure over 1,000 deliveries per month are safely and meticulously delivered and installed into the homes of Barbeques Galore customers.
- Total number of deliveries (nationally): 3,266
- Delivery on Time and in Full: 93% (April 2020)
- Net Promotor Score: 62 (April 2020)
- Successful management of the peak season with 600% spike in volumes
TRANSPORT & DELIVERY CHALLENGES
SIMPLIFIED DELIVERY OFFER TO DRIVE SALES
- To provide in-store sales staff with a simple home delivery offer (previous provider offer was too complex, making it hard to offer customers the best service).
- Manage a delivery service that varies over the course of the year, both by season as well as peaks due to intense advertising campaigns.
- Maintaining a delivery fleet who are experienced in complex assemblies over a broad range of products.
- To allow customers to choose their delivery day or delivery window (previous transport provider consolidated and advised customer when they would be in the area).
- Simplify the reconciliation of accounts.
INSTANT GRATIFICATION and VISIBILITY
- To improve the time frame between customer instore purchasing and home delivery (previously the client had no transparency or visibility regarding turnaround time, sales staff were unable to give a definite delivery date to customer at POS).
- To develop visibility of delivery milestones and proof of delivery (POD).
- To ensure consistent quality of presentation and professionalism of delivery teams.
CONSISTENT NATIONAL OFFER
- Restructured and simplified the home delivery offer to four key categories enabling an efficient, user-friendly sales process instore for the sales team and the customer.
- Introduced a consistent national offer: six days/week, Monday to Saturday.
- Offer an assembly service that supports the delivery service, so the customer has one complete service with immediacy to enjoying their product.
- Due to the progressive nature of home deliveries in the current climate, establish a “gas bottle only” service to support a customer who has purchased a BBQ previously but requires a home delivery service for gas replenishments.
TECHNOLOGY DRIVING TRANSPARENCY
- Provided client with an online tracking portal accessible by all sales staff to assist with customer queries quickly, easily and effectively.
- Developed an online interface with the client’s IT platform to ‘close out’ deliveries, (essential finalisation of sales process and connection to financial budgets/sales targets).
BENEFITS & OUTCOMES
- C technology as “absolutely phenomenal”, being able to track delivery teams, track jobs including photo POD of goods delivered.
- New VIP Service, for emergencies and swaps, helps the client and services the customer, noticeably improved the in-company transfer of stock.
- Store feedback very positive due to delivery team time management and punctuality.
- Instore sales teams now manage the customer experience with confidence: customers leave the store knowing what day/time they will receive their goods.
- Delivery completion photographed by drivers to demonstrate stock quality and status, net result a decrease in damaged stock.
- Significantly improved customer experience in the after sales service, demonstrated in excellent NPS results.
- Drivers evaluated by the client as “professional, well-mannered, providing good communication with the customer – “they ask the right questions”. Delivery teams well prepared, smooth service with fast turnaround. Delivery teams are seen as the last mile representative of Barbeques Galore and trained accordingly.
- Empowered instore sales teams with tools to manage customer queries effectively and efficiently.
- Same Day Delivery Service: a new service to ensure customers ‘instant gratification’, they can purchase and use their goods on the same day.
- The ANC online portal for booking jobs, downloading data and printing labels, all driving efficiencies, with significantly improved backend management process for the clients’ accounts department.
What Our Clients Say
“ANC is all about the customers and customer first. With ANC we remodelled the process, from the customer’s home backwards through every touch point. ANC are aligned to our business, offer competitive pricing with a good simple structure. Ultimately ANC is a lot better value for the customer.”
Retail Development Manager, Barbeques Galore
“I wanted to take a moment to congratulate your team on the standards they are adhering to. Their positive attitude and professionalism just shone bright like the sun. They followed and met every expectation. I am 100% certain the professionalism displayed by your team will definitely reassure our customers. Please send a BIG thank you to your team.”
QLD Caboolture Store Manager, Barbeques Galore
“Worked smoothly over the Christmas period with no problems in store. New Delivery and Assembly process by ANC definitely made it run smoother for us and for our customers. ANC’s customer service (both to us and to our end customers) is far superior to what we got through our previous provider. Having an all-in-one delivery and assembly service was much easier to manage than two separate companies.”
WA Regional Manager, Barbeques Galore
“The relationship between ANC and Majura Store is a true partnership. Great communication between store and ANC. All staff involved within Majura Store and ANC both work with the same goal of customer satisfaction.”
ACT Regional Manager, Barbeques Galore
“For the first time in many, many years we could not fault our assembly and delivery provider. From start to finish the process is simple and the end result is a positive one for our staff and customers. The portal is very easy to navigate through when booking the job. Delivery drivers are friendly and patient when picking stock up at store level. In regards to assemblies, I have been very impressed with their attitude and care for building it correctly.”
WA Regional Manager, Barbeques Galore
“ANC provides an excellent service backed by all store managers. If there are any issues at all, the ANC team respond and fix the issue and get the job done. The relationship is good at all levels.”
QLD Regional Manager, Barbeques Galore
“I see our partnership as an ever evolving one which collaborates to deliver the positive experience our customers require. We work together as a team, rather than two separate entities which is very pleasing.”
VIC Regional Manager, Barbeques Galore
What Our Customers Say
“I was kept informed every step on the way.”
“Ordered the parcel online and it was delivered in a timely manner – job well done!”
“We were told to expect a call about an hour before delivery. I received that call and delivery was within time stated. Given that rarely happens, my expectations were exceeded because everyone did what they said they would.”
“Delivery was communicated on date and time. Then again, half hour before delivery. All components were protected in transport and delivered in house without damage or interruption.”
“Such speedy delivery within days and on time. Informed all the way.”
“Delivery app was great. Could see where the guys were so was able to meet them out the front of my house.”