Barbeques Galore Case Study: Home delivery and assembly excellence
“ANC is all about the customers and customer first.”
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Barbeques Galore has been supplying Australians with high-quality barbeques and expert advice since 1977. Today, with more than 95 stores throughout the country, Barbeques Galore not only leads the market in barbeque retailing, but also specialises in outdoor furniture and heating.
Our relationship commenced in 2017, with ANC delivery professionals servicing stores in VIC, WA, QLD, ACT and SA, services for NSW commenced in 2018. ANC provide a flexible home delivery fleet that varies daily based on client volume requirements and consists predominately of two-man teams with tail gate trucks, plus vans and utes for some smaller deliveries.
Our home delivery professionals ensure over 1000 deliveries per month are safely and meticulously delivered and installed into the homes of Barbeques Galore customers.
- Total number of deliveries (nationally) Q2 2017: 3266
- Delivery on Time and in Full1: 91%
- Net Promotor Score: 462 (Australian freight/logistics/courier average -23)
- Successful management of the peak season with 600% spike in volumes4
Average Q2 2017, 2 2 c3 Australia NPS Benchmarking February 2017,4 October to January)
SIMPLIFIED DELIVERY OFFER TO DRIVE SALES
- To provide instore sales staff with a simple home delivery offer (previous provider offer was too complex, making it hard to offer customers the best service).
- To allow customers to choose their delivery day or time (previous transport provider consolidated and advised customer when they would be in the area).
- Simplify the reconciliation of accounts.
INSTANT GRATIFICATION and VISIBILITY
- To improve the time frame between customer instore purchasing and home delivery (previously the client had no transparency or visibility regarding turnaround time, sales staff were unable to give a definite delivery date to customer at POS).
- To develop visibility of delivery milestones and proof of delivery (POD).
- To ensure consistent quality of presentation and professionalism of delivery teams.
THE ANC TEAM SOLUTION
CONSISTENT NATIONAL OFFER
- Restructured and simplified the home delivery offer to four key categories enabling an efficient, user-friendly sales process instore for the sales team and the customer.
- Introduced a consistent national offer: six days/week, Monday to Saturday.
TECHNOLOGY DRIVING TRANSPARENCY
- Provided client with an online tracking portal accessible by all sales staff to assist with customer queries quickly, easily and effectively.
- Developed an online interface with the client’s IT platform to ‘close out’ deliveries, (essential finalisation of sales process and connection to financial budgets/sales targets).
BENEFITS AND OUTCOMES
- Home deliveries have increased in a very short time due to the simplified offer, improved service, transparency and communication. Powered by a home delivery model enabling a simple process for the national sales teams to ‘service and sell’ to the customers. Pricing model based on the size of the goods and purchasing style is easy to communicate to customers.
- Key strengths identified by the client include ANC’s “phenomenal customer service, the delivery teams professionalism and technology”.
- ANC “safety focus” and compliance, protecting the client and customer throughout the supply chain
- Client visibility of orders and deliveries with the capacity through ANC technology to track live from the DC to the customers.
- Client valuing ANC technology as “absolutely phenomenal”, being able to track delivery teams, track jobs including photo POD of goods delivered.
- New VIP Service, for emergencies and swaps, helps the client and services the customer, noticeably improved the in-company transfer of stock.
- Store feedback very positive due to delivery team time management and punctuality.
- Instore sales teams now manage the customer experience with confidence: customers leave the store knowing what day/time they will receive their goods.
- Delivery completion photographed by drivers to demonstrate stock quality and status, net result a decrease in damaged stock.
- Significantly improved customer experience in the after sales service, demonstrated in excellent NPS results.
- Drivers evaluated by the client as “professional, well-mannered, providing good communication with the customer – “they ask the right questions”. Delivery teams well prepared, smooth service with fast turnaround. Delivery teams are seen as the last mile representative of Barbeques Galore and trained accordingly.
- Empowered instore sales teams with tools to manage customer queries effectively and efficiently.
- Same Day Delivery Service: a new service to ensure customers ‘instant gratification’, they can purchase and use their goods on the same day.
- The ANC online portal for booking jobs, downloading data and printing labels, all driving efficiencies, with significantly improved backend management process for the clients’ accounts department.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Retail Development Manager, Barbeques Galore
“ANC is all about the customers and customer first. With ANC we remodelled the process, from the customer’s home backwards through every touch point. ANC are aligned to our business, offer competitive pricing with a good simple structure. Ultimately ANC is a lot better value for the customer.”
WHAT BARBEQUES GALORE CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT ANC DELIVERY PROFESSIONALS
“I was kept informed every step on the way.”
“Ordered the parcel online and it was delivered in a timely manner – job well done!”
“We were told to expect a call about an hour before delivery. I received that call and delivery was within time stated. Given that rarely happens, my expectations were exceeded because everyone did what they said they would.”
“Delivery was communicated on date and time. Then again, half hour before delivery. All components were protected in transport and delivered in house without damage or interruption.”
“Such speedy delivery within days and on time. Informed all the way.”
“Delivery app was great. Could see where the guys were so was able to meet them out the front of my house.”